|C8/10N||Blinding house floors, cavity fill, mass fill|
|C12/15N||Trench fill, paving for steps and paths, blinding, haunching|
|C16/20N||Strip footings, under paving for patios, foundations, subfloors|
|C16/20N 10mm S/Dry+Retarder||Standard kerbmix concrete used for setting/backing kerbs. Retarder optional|
|C20/25N||Lightly reinforced house/garage floors, infill to insulated concrete formwork (ICF)|
|C25/30N||Lightly reinforced concrete, internal wearing surface for light foot and trolley traffic, reinforced foundations|
|C28/35N||General and agricultural reinforced concrete, livestock and crop store floors, domestic garages used as a workshop, laneways/driveways|
|C32/40N||Wearing traffic: general industrial|
|C35/45N||Wearing traffic: medium industrial|
|Wearing traffic: heavy industrial|
|Sand/cement screed||Paving screed or finished floor screed|
Admixtures can be added to our concrete at the customers discretion - get in contact should you seek professional advice on concrete admixtures.
Listed below are some of the admixtures we offer and their purpose whilst added to concrete;
- – Fibres/Steel Fibres – Enhanced strength and reduces chance of surface cracking.
- – WRA – Water reducing agent. Can minimise the risk of segregation and bleeding.
- – Plasticisers – Improved workability and helps reduce shrinkage and thermal cracking.
- – Retarding agents – Reduces the rate of setting.
- – Accelerating chemicals – Increases the rate of setting.
*It should be noted that Fibres are not a replacement for steel in structural concrete*
We manufacture various types of concrete blocks at our depot in Carrickmore. We supply many customers within the private and public sector and with our large fleet of lorries we can cater for any size of project - give us a call to receive a free quotation for your project.
We stock an extensive range of concrete blocks, lightweight blocks and brick which are ready for collection or delivery.
|Concrete Brick||215 x 102.5x 65 mm (9 x 4 x 2.5”) (lightweight available)|
|4x4 Soapbars||450 x 150 x 100 mm (18 x 4 x 4”) (lightweight available)|
|6x4 Soapbars||450 x 150 x 100 mm (18 x 6 x 4”) (lightweight available)|
|4” Blocks||450 x 225 x 100 mm (18 x 9 x 4”) (10N & lightweight available)|
|6” Blocks||450 x 225 x 150 mm (18 x 9 x 6”) (10N & lightweight available)|
|12” (18'') Blocks||450 x 300 x 100 mm (18 x 12 x 4”)|
|12” (14'') Blocks||350 x 300 x 100 mm (14 x 12 x 4”)|
Mortar is a combination of sand and cement -primarily used for bedding blocks, bricks and stone whilst building.
From a small domestic extension to a large residential or industrial development, mixed mortar is suited to every application.
Silo mixed mortar can be collected for our HQ during opening hours. We also supply mortar bags at a fixed rate - get in touch for more information.
We also offer delivery of mortar in one of our Ready mix Lorries. (Minimum 6 Tubs - 2m³)
Depth options is 150mm and 210mm
Widths for both depths is 600mm
Spans reach up to 7m and goes up in 50mm increments
Can be used on both ground floor and first floor of domestic dwellings and can also be used in commercial and agricultural applications.
All of our slabs comply with the stringent regulations enforced by BSI under EN 1168
Ground floor benefits
- Suspended floor (suspended floor is used when more than 600mm of fill used beneath sub floor)
- Permits the use of site fill to be used under the slabs as expensive hardcore material is not needed
- Allows for a flat, hard and level surface for following trades to come in immediately after they are laid
- Installation is not affected by weather unlike a poured concrete subfloor
- Reduces labour time on site
First floor benefits
- Exceptional sound insulation and reduces sound transfer to lower floors
- Can be installed in one day giving a firm working platform for following trades
- No shrinkage unlike timber joists
- Block partitions can be built of 1st floor eliminating the need for stud partitions again helping with eliminating noise transfer
- Greater spans achievable compared to timber joists
Our concrete cattle slats are designed to have a smooth yet non slip brushed surface with ensuring comfort and encouraging the rapid weight gain of livestock.
All slats are designed in accordance with EN 12737 and are manufactured to the highest standards and are CE marked. All slats and mixing slats/slabs are heavy duty tractor driven.
- Slats and inside mixing slats have a 4-ton axle load.
- Passage slabs and solid mixing slabs have a 10-ton axle load
- Beams have a 6-ton line load per metre
|Slats/internal mixing slats||1200 x 170 x (2440-3950)mm in 150mm increments|
|External mixing slats||1500 x 170 x (2440-3950)mm in 150mm increments|
|1500 x 230 x (2440-3950)mm in 150mm increments|
|Beams||300 x 300 x (2440-3950)mm in 150mm increments|
|Passage slabs||1000 x 230 x (2440-4600)mm in 150mm increments|
We have an extensive range of troughs available ranging from 20 – 150 gallon options. With a variety of options to choose from it provides the option to use the drinkers for both sheep and beef/dairy cattle.
- A great alternative to plastic troughs due to their superb durability
- Small rubber bung situated in the side wall of the troughs allows for easy draining when water is dirty
- Ballcocks are very well protected from damage and can be easily accessed through removable insert lids
New build Precast
Single course sills (4”)
Double Course sills (6”)
Double Course Timber Frame sills (6”)
Corner sill (single and double course)
Chimney throating block
- Universal dimensions
Saddle back wall coping & end coping
Radius edge wall coping and end coping
Single slope coping
Saddle back pier cap
- 550 x 550mm / 675 x 675mm / 800 x 800mm
Radius edge pier cap
- 550 x 550mm / 675 x 675mm / 800 x 800mm
Chimney copings (sizes to suit blockwork)
- 450 x 450mm / 450 x 900mm / 550 x 550mm / 550 x 900mm
McGarrity Bros Ltd. manufacture gate posts and strainers along with D-Rail posts. Gate posts and strainers are primarily used for agricultural use, however they have many other uses/benefits. D-Rail posts are used primarily in the housing sector to erect fencing.
- Zero upkeep, no treatment or staining needed unlike timber posts.
- Posts will not rot in the ground unlike timber posts.
- Preformed holes eliminate drilling
- Robust and extremely durable solution
|Gate post||200 x 200mm / 8 x 8” @2100mm long|
|175 x 175mm / 7 x 7” @2100mm long|
|Strainer||125 x 125mm /5 x 5” @2100mm long|
|Strainer prop||125 x 75 x 2250 / 5 x 3” @2250mm long|
|D-Rail||100 x 100mm / 4 x 4” @1350, 1650, 1950, 2250mm long|
McGarrity Bros manufacture and offer an extensive range of kerbs for various applications ranging from domestic to commercial use.
|Chamfered edge kerbs||200 x 100mm / 8 x 4” @ 900mm long|
|Pin kerbs/garden edge||150 x 50mm / 6 x 2” @ 900mm long|
|Dwarf wall||900 x 600mm|
|900 x 380mm|
|D-Rail post||100 x 100mm / 4 x 4” @1350, 1650, 1950, 2250mm long|
|Concrete bollards||700 x 1400 x 650mm|
|700 x 700 x 650mm|